We believe successful real estate is about people: where they live; how they get to work; what they do when they get there; how they relate — in their work environment — to their partners, peers, and clients; and whether the workspace is efficient and effective at meeting the organization’s objectives.
Our approach to real estate planning is to build consensus amongst the stakeholders and help define a unified vision.
Strategic planning is the foundation on which Savills Studley's integrated teams build your real estate project. Our strategic consultants work with your executive team to lay the framework for finding the solution that fulfils your business goals and objectives and reflects your brand. As highly skilled and professionally trained negotiators, we believe that real estate success is first established in the strategic planning process. And this is where attention to details is of paramount importance.
With a clear understanding of you, your mission, your brand, and your interactions with people in the workplace, Savills Studley creates solutions that completely satisfy your objectives for the optimal workspace.
Our strategic real estate process is straightforward and comprised of three basic steps:
- Evaluating your current situation
- Identifying future real estate requirements
- Creating a strategic plan that produces an optimal outcome
Our strategic planning process saves you time and money by protecting your interests throughout the project and alleviates the stress so commonly experienced by tenants during the real estate process.
Step 1: Evaluate Current Situation
Does your real estate plan align with your business plan?
Evaluating your current situation helps us move your business forward by determining what is working for you and what is not in terms of:
- Attraction and retention of employees
- Building architecture and systems
- Financial situation
- Whether it makes more sense to stay, expand, consolidate or relocate; buy or lease.
Our comprehensive evaluation involves:
- A review of your existing facilities
- An audit of your existing lease
- Analyses of your current financial situation, demographics and workspaces
Step 2: Identify Future Requirements
The next step is to define your business drivers in light of your future plans and prospects and your industry long term--not just for now or the next one, two, three or five years. These drivers will resonate loudly in all decisions with respect to your real estate project. Our proprietary tools identify the business drivers that directly affect your real estate, weight each driver and match them with relevant communities and specific markets. Weighting criteria includes:
- Transaction considerations using established financial models specifically customized to help you effectively evaluate purchase versus lease, capital costs, cash flow, net present value, and an overall risk profile assessment
- Location issues that may affect retention and attraction of employees and clients such as access/transportation, proximity and ease of access, parking, public transportation, etc.
- Building considerations that include age, style, efficiency, image, building systems such as HVAC and power, ceiling heights, bay sizes, shipping and receiving
- Flexibility considerations that include expansion/contraction, commitment period, additional property/building rights, etc.
Create a Plan
We use the insights gleaned from these analyses to produce highly productive and cost-effective real estate scenarios to inform your real estate decision-making going forward. Carefully planning and evaluating your location ensures it effectively aligns not only with the needs of your current workforce—but more critically—of your future workforce demographic as well. Our consultants work in tandem with your executive team to evaluate, choose and execute a strategy that locates and outfits the ideal space that meets your long-term objectives with minimal stress.
The strategy plan will:
- Determine whether it’s best to renew or relocate, own or lease
- Establish design and construction requirements
- Create project objectives, timeline and budget based on financial models and qualitative analysis
Our strategic planning solution FLOWS™ from a patented process that ensures we find the optimal solution, locate the ideal premises, outfit the space effectively and work exclusively for the space user—the tenant first. Period.
Savills Studley - Toronto
+1 416 480 0745 Ext. 3030
Savills Studley - Toronto
+1 416 480 0745 Ext. 3047